Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Pad

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi, 

I used Genral pad For two solid bodies but it shown as floor outline projection invalid. How can i rectify this issue. 

9 REPLIES

Re: General Pad

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @S7,

With little information to go by, I would guess that one of your projection vectors (Placement Outline or Top Outline) are either not defined or invalid.  Are you trying to fill the gap between the two parts with the pad?

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

Ciao @S7,

I often used the 'General Pocket' features which is the 'inverse' of the 'General Pad' feature.

They are very old features, they are applied to a single solid body.

This features (general pad and pocket) are based on 'Through Curves' feature.

You can see it in the attached file.

Ciao

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
What is it you are trying to accomplish with this feature ?
The general pocket / pad is intended to allow you create pads / pockets with advanced tapering on the sides + non flat top/bottom,
This exercise seems rather an extrusion between two bodies. ?

Regards,
Tomas

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @1u7obd,

I believe this is the intent:

(view in My Videos)

Regards, Ben

Siemens Legend
yes , you are probably right Ben.
I read both this thread about General Pad from user S7 and this other thread about General Pad from the same user,
https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Forum/General-Pad/m-p/495121
I mixed up the example from that thread with this thread. Sorry , will not do that again. :-)

The example you showed here Ben should be quicker solved using the Through Curves Feature.
Note S7 as in Ben's video that you can use the edges of the solids directly, without replicating the shape in a sketch.
There is no need for that in NX if the edges are right.

Regards,
Tomas

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi, Ben 

Thanks for this information, but still  i m in confusion , i want design connecting rod. Using this general pad option. it is possible to create by this same. Other wise please show how to design connecting rod. Make as soon as possible . 

Siemens Legend
Describing how to model a connecting rod can be done in two ways. The youtube version and the real thing.
The youtube versions normally have very little in common with real world models. The youtube models are done with very few features and might look a bit like a real model, but it will lack all the difficult details that make it the real thing.
The real model is most probably too complicated to be described as "use a general pad" in a forum post.

Regards,
Tomas

Pioneer
Pioneer

HI, Ben

I was trying to do general pad in cylindrical body , but i got a error message like this . What is mean? 

Genius
Genius

Hi S7,

For Cylindrical body how to use general pad following youtube video will help you,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WowAy2ZoZ78 

RRG