Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generation of drawing from developed sheet metal with coordinate points table

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi everyone

I need to generate a detail drawings from a sheet metal assembly with a volute geometry (see image 1), and it is composed of various curved sheets and all the assy must be welded, my questions are:

1.How can i get a drawing with a view (i.e. top view) of a sheet metal with coordinate points on non linear curves and its respective table (see image 2)?.

2.How can i get a drawing with a flat pattern view with coordinate points on non linear curves and its respective table (see image 3)?.
The company where I work, we need to make drawings of similar geometries to the examples, and i can´t find a quick way to get this coordinate points and coordinates tables on drawings views.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Josejavier17

NX10

3 REPLIES

Re: Generation of drawing from developed sheet metal with coordinate points table

Legend
Legend

For 1st Question, 

If you create small sketch holes (instead of just points),

'Hole Table' command can help you. [Insert > Table > Hole Table].

Sunkap Ahn, Senior Support Engineer

logo

Re: Generation of drawing from developed sheet metal with coordinate points table

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure if sheet metal module has capabilities to get flat pattern for this kind of bend.

If not...

Assuming the base surface is developable, to get the "flat" shape of the OD (your image 3), you can use wrap/unwrap curves.

Note you may have to do something to get the curves on the "bend line" (if you don't want to just use the ID or OD surface).

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Legend
Legend

Hi @Josejavier17

For 2nd Question,

The View including 1) Flat Pattern Geometry, 2) Point set, and 3) Coordinate Table.

If you asked all of 3 elements,

1) Flat Pattern Geometry :  Flat Pattern command of Sheet metal is available for developable face.

2) Point set : You can use 'Pattern Curve' of sketch.

(But you must toggle off 'Create inferred constrains' to use 'Along' type.

3) Coordinate Table : If you create small circles (instead of point set). You can use 'Hole Table' command.

Sunkap Ahn, Senior Support Engineer

logo