Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a reusable object to be constraint with a sketch... to follow in case of dimension change

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi, I have created some reusable object like .. a recycling logo or any other logo as an extrusion.. which I want to use from the library.. when I import it.. I locate the part/logo at a certain position on my model based on a sketch that I did to certain point to have my desire position.. but if I modify that sketch I would like to have that reusable object to follow so I can change the reusable object position.. is that a posibility ?

2 REPLIES

Re: Get a reusable object to be constraint with a sketch... to follow in case of dimension change

Legend
Legend

If the extrusion was from a sketch, then yes. When pasting the Feature, toggle 'Keep Current Sketch Active'

This will allow you to attach constraints to the sketch on your part.

The easiest way to control Associative Positioning of Reuse is by using a CSYS on the Reusable Object and Drag and drop onto an Associative CSYS on the Model.

Re: Get a reusable object to be constraint with a sketch... to follow in case of dimension change

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Yes that is possible.

Create you logo in a new part. Sketch on the provided datum CSYS and make sure the origin of the sketch aligns with the orgin of you logo.

Next create a reusable object of the type feature and select the sketch and the extrude.

Store in the reuse library.

In a new part create the sketch with the point, like on the face of a block.

Next insert the reusable object and drop it in space. The dialog will display and allow you to specify the origin and location of the sketch. Select the point. The plane and direction will be inferred but you can change them by clicking on the vector or plane preview objects.

Click OK. 

The logo now moves with the point.

I hope you enjoy NX!

Regards, **bleep**

(view in My Videos)