Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going from the model to the drawing

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Using NX with Teamcenter...

Users ask about this one a lot.  If you have a model open, and then want to open the drawing, is there a quick and easy way to open it?  Other than going to Teamcenter and searching or browsing for it?  Ideally they would like to select the model (on screen or in the assy navigator), and right click open drawing (or get a list of drawings if there is more than one).

I'm not aware of any way, but figured I'd ask, since my TC experience is limited.

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Going from the model to the drawing

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Here is a journal that may help.

p.s. I am not the author of this code, but it looks like it would be helpful.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Any updates on this ?
i.e In managed mode, i have the model open in the session,  ( maybe opened from the history tab ,- no search "tabs" neither in TC nor NX open )

- and would , with the least amount of clicks, like to open the drawing. ( of this the same item.)

Any tips ?

Regards,

Tomas

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

The journal above.  We use a variation of it, adjusting to fit our files, and I creted a button for on the toolbar.  One click, and the drawing opens.  See Tweaking Code thread.

Note, since moving to NX 1867, we have noticed that sometimes it doesn't open the drawing, but it hasn't been consistent enough to determine a pattern yet.

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10

Genius
Genius

I am also interested. As TC "knows" if there is a drawing file in the same item revision, it should be able to open it and also NX managed should.

Siemens Phenom

@DaveK wrote:

Users ask about this one a lot.  If you have a model open, and then want to open the drawing, is there a quick and easy way to open it?  Other than going to Teamcenter and searching or browsing for it?  Ideally they would like to select the model (on screen or in the assy navigator), and right click open drawing (or get a list of drawings if there is more than one).

I'm not aware of any way, but figured I'd ask, since my TC experience is limited.

It *may be* available OOTB soon.

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

@GaneshKadole wrote:

@DaveK wrote:

It *may be* available OOTB soon.

secret2.jpg

Disclaimer: I know nothing about this, or any other secret projects Smiley Happy

Ben Broad | PLM Enthusiast | Siemens GCSS

NX (v17 - 1876) | Teamcenter (9 - 12)
Value Based Licensing | Adaptive UI | BETA Registration

Siemens Phenom
World, prepare.
You can now forget Area 51, there's far bigger secrets hidden in Orange County!

Hm..
/ Tomas