Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO CREATE CUSTOM MODEL VIEWS

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello all,

I've been trying to create my own custom view in modeling environement apart from the exisiting views which are there in model views like top, bottom, right..etc., but if I want to create my own view like CUSTOM ...is there any possibility to customize like that!!

Any suggestions??

6 REPLIES

Re: HOW TO CREATE CUSTOM MODEL VIEWS

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Kartik,

Sorry i might be getting your question wrong ......

You can always add your own custom view (or view sets) from the part navigator. Here below i selected an inclined face and used F8 to orient my view normal to that.

view.jpg

We normally use it during demonstration video creation.

If your intention is to have these custom views always available then you might have to tinker your seed file. 

Starting NX12 you also have an option to create DIAMETRIC views (while saving the part file).

Best Regards

Kapil

Siemens Phenom

Expand the model view node in the part navigator, make desired view as a work view which should be base to your user defined view. Now select the model views navigator > RMB > Add View or Add View Set.

Regards,
Ganesh

Thank you @kapilsharma Smiley Happy 

SORRY i didnt get ..what is seed file and how can i manage?

Thank you ganesh Smiley Happy

Siemens Phenom

The seed files are what is used when you do the File -> Command. You can preset many things in this file since it is a prt file and is used. The files that appear at time of File -> New are stored in the .pax files. You can use the log file to see what .pax files are being used. These .pax files are just text files and from there you find the seed part files.

Scott

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Seed files = template files

Back in the day, the file -> new options were pretty limited; "template" files were managed manually and users often referred to them as "seed files" or "start parts".

If you want this custom view available for use in all new parts that you create, make sure to open your template file and create the new view there. New files created from the template will have the custom view already set up and ready to go.