Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

HOW TO DISPLAY CONNECTOR ID IN ELECTRICAL ROUTING?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi All,

Please help me to make display connector ID in the model of electrical routing.

I want to see connector ID/Unique ID in model window only. Is it possible?

Please help me out.

Thank you,

Rahul Chandan

4 REPLIES 4

Re: HOW TO DISPLAY CONNECTOR ID IN ELECTRICAL ROUTING?

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hello Rahul,

I think you are looking to have the Connector ID show up on hover over the component, and then in the Cue Line.

The hover and cue line come from the Component Name of the component.   Unfortunately, I don't see any way to point this to another component attribute.  So I think your only remedy would be to have the unique_id copied to the Component Name. 

Doug

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Doug,

Thanks for reply,

As you told i copied unique_id to to the Component Name, But how to make it Display in the model window. Can you please suggest.

And one more snap i got from this form where he added that kind of Connector ID in model window.

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

I think we need to go back and understand what you are trying to accomplish.   That is, what do you mean by "how to make it Display in the model window"?   And for what purpose?

If you just want to see the name, with a temporary label, then Component Name is fine, you just hover your cursor over the component and it'll show.

If you want a permanent display, then you need to create an annotation.  Either using PMI Note, or a Drafting Note.

Then you can use the Unique_ID attribute directly rather than the Component Name copy.

1.jpg2.jpg

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Doug,

Thank you very much,

The second option is worked for me(Using PMI Note). 

That is, what do you mean by "how to make it Display in the model window"?

Display in the model is as you shown in screen shots is what we required.

And for what purpose?

The pourpose is while in the routed harness, if we want to identify the function or the connector code which we assign. And also for the same connector is used in many location of the same harness it is easy to identify while displaying connector ID.