Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO save part individually from Layer settings and move to Assembly

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I work in approach Layer settings in NX. I want one part from Layer settings  save Individually and then that part move to Assembly approach.

How do I do that. 

Layer settings has 20 different parts. I need one from that and Save it as individually part and that part move to Assembly approach.

Thanks,

Nedim

6 REPLIES

Re: HOW TO save part individually from Layer settings and move to Assembly

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

I assume that you mean you have multiple bodies in your part file and now you want to convert them to components. If this is the case, use the "create new" command found on the assemblies tab (or menu -> assemblies -> components -> create new component...). This command will allow you to select a body, export it out to its own part file, then add it back to your original part as a component.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.2/nx_help/#uid:func_details_comp_create

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

And you can record a journal, then edit (to loop thru the layers/solids) to automate this (although you may have to query the user for each component name)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Pioneer
Pioneer

parts.jpg

I want number 36 - what is this green Undercut Loose Core - Save as individually part and open only that part in Assembly without open all parts who are together with him in option Layer Settings.

Thanks in advance,

How to do that , 

Someone told me I need File - Export -Import Parasolid , but now I am not sure is it Export or Import and what then, 

Pioneer
Pioneer

PLEASE -HOW TO DO THAT, IS THERE ANY YOUTUBE VIDEO ? 

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Based on your scant description and screenshots, it still isn't really clear what you are starting with. You may already have an assembly, in which case, you could just change the display part to isolate the part of interest.

Can you post screenshots of your part navigator and assembly navigator?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Do either of these solutions help you?  Both were suggested in this forum.  In the movie, the car body is pushed down to a component level on the fly while creating the component.  Note that the layer is maintained.  The spare wheel is then exported as a parasolid and then imported into a newly created component.  Note that the original wheel has to be deleted and the layer is not maintained.

(view in My Videos)

Regards, Ben