Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW to make part family spin over a certain DATUM axis?

Creator
Creator

Halo everyone, 

I am actually wondering just as what I type in the subject "HOW to make part family spin over a certain axis?"

Here is the thing that I want to do,

擷取.JPG

I want to make two parts in the family, according to the datum coordinate, I want to make another part which is exactly the same part as this is, but it spins 180 degree over Z-axis. Do you guys have ideas on how to work this out?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES

Re: HOW to make part family spin over a certain DATUM axis?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @knockitover,

Define a angle expression. Create new feature using 'Move object' command where you can select the rotation about z axis and use the defined angle expression as it's value. In part family excel use this expression where you can vary it's value to control orientation of geometry in child parts as per your requirement.

Any specific purpose for this requirement? As you will add PF member to an assembly, it can be constrained/oriented the way you want.

Regards,
Ganesh

Creator
Creator
@GaneshKadole Thank you, but I'm not pretty aware of what you are talking about. Sorry I am somewhat new in NX.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
But why do you want to have two identical parts in the family ?

The Move Object is a parametric feature ( Ctrl+T)
If you apply this on your solid, the value of the Move Object parameter can be varied in the Part Family Spreadsheet.

Regards,
Tomas

Creator
Creator
@1u7obd
Thank you man, but according to Ganesh's saying, do I still have to set up an angle expression in advanced ?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @knockitover,

Yes, you need to define angle expression first so that it can be used in part family.

(view in My Videos)

Regards,
Ganesh

Creator
Creator
@GaneshKadole
Oh my,,,Thank you so much!!!! Sorry that I didn't quite understand in the first place, but now, IT’S SOLVED. Very much aprreciate it!
@1u7obd thank you as well!!!!