Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! What happened with file Step export from Nx 9

Builder
Builder

Hi everyboy

I using Nx 9, I can't export file .Step  from file .Prt.

When I expot Nx Step file , my Assemly => Solid boy and It is not same first Assembly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9EBEqKFAFE

After I turn off Soft Nx and restart, I open file Step but It is not same fire Assembly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2WSOAu_Zo4

Can You help me

Thanks you very much

Le Dung

4 REPLIES

Re: Help!! What happened with file Step export from Nx 9

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Seriously, the first video contains 6 minutes of blank screen waiting for NX to convert the data....

You flicker around very fast in the export/ import dialogs, but you do not spend any time on the directory specification ,- have you checked that it is the same directory that you save to and open from ?  ( I cannot see that in the video.)

I note that ALL your components are of the wrong type... I do not know if this affects how the Step file manages the data...

This type is what i call "drawing specific component", the intention is to show a component in a drawing which should NOT be part of the assembly structure, i.e if you in the assembly drawing for a car generator want to show the engine head, the engine head can be added as a "drawing specific component" , and it will therefore not be reported in the partslist.

I doubt but have not tried, it think it will not be visible in an assembly above the generator assembly.

Regards,

Tomas

Builder
Builder

Dear,!

I don't known what is " Wrong type " ? My langue is not english. but I see when I create 2d drawing from 3D=> 1 componet=> 1 componetx2 ( include 3D+ 2D).

I want to convert step file , when opent file step  converted its same with the first file Assembly. ( body and structrure)

Thanks you very much

Le Dung

Experimenter
Experimenter

Help! It is possible to export file in SOLID Step format? STEP are always only with surfaces.

Thanks a lot!

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Markio wrote:

Help! It is possible to export file in SOLID Step format? STEP are always only with surfaces.

Thanks a lot!

Yes. If you export a valid solid body, it should be exported as a solid.

Check your "model data" import settings to make the "solids" option is turned on.