Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on create special shape

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I need to create a shape where a circle cross through 4 guide lines. I'm able with 3. Can someone indicate the better command to create my shape ? 

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

14 REPLIES

Re: Help on create special shape

Genius
Genius

if you could upload a Parasolid version we peasants with NX9 can also have a look

(well, STEP is better as there are wireframe entities)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi cubalibre,

To me your method looks fine... the other option i would have tried ...Variational sweep ...but since the circle is basically constrained with three points so i can also use maximum three guide line intersection points for constrainting the circle sketch.

Best Regards

Kapil

Phenom
Phenom

Will this work for you?

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @mike_fdo,

the result can be utilized, but I'm looking for a solution with one feature. It's strange that NX can't do that.

Thank you...

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

The swept function is limited to a maximum of three guide strings. The help docs explain why this is:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11/nx_help/#uid:xid1128417:index_modeling:xid868388:...

Genius
Genius

Every single CAD system will need more then one feature, there are at least 3 sketches...

But you can create a solid body with one feature if you use the V-Sweep command. And there are more solutions, you can use a mesh of curves, extrude, section surfaces or face blend.

regards Meinolf

Meinolf, , Leistritz Turbinentechnik GmbH

Production: NX10.0.3, TC 10.1.4

Testing:NX11 Beta

Phenom
Phenom

Ciao cubalibre00,

your problem is that a circle passes by three points and a 'Section' surface by five points.

Your condition is intermediate so it will not possible to build a analytical surface.

The solution I propose is a Through curve mesh by building another profile at the end.

Ciao

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Cesare,

it's what I've done.

4.png

Thank you...

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi cubalibre00,

Using Variational Sweep will create this geaometry as one feature as you require. However I would as Cesare reccomends most likley use the solution he states "The solution I propose is a Through curve mesh by building another profile at the end".

Should you want try to do this with Variational Sweep and analytic input attached youll find a recording of how to.

Best regards

Fred

(view in My Videos)