Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hexagonal Nut

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,  

How to create a hexagonal nut with given details as shown in the fig below...

I don't know how to create the chamfer for that nut...if the chamfer is given in the radius other than angle...

Please tell me about chamfer creation on nut when radius form is given.....

Capture.PNG

13 REPLIES

Re: Hexagonal Nut

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Is this what you are trying to achieve?

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

2017-02-27 12_29_39-NX 10.0.3.5 - Modeling - [model3.prt (Modified) ].pngIs this what you are trying to achieve?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If so, then just revolve a sketched traingle to create the chamfer toolbody and subtract it from the extruded nut body.

Regards, **bleep**

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for your support .Yes this is what I want but my problem is what are the positional dimensions and size dimensions of that triangle...

If in that chamfer if chamfer angle is given then I will create but I don't know how to create triangle if the input data of chamfer is radius instead of angle....(I.e I need the positional and size dimensions of that revolved triangle if chamfer radius is given..?)

Thanks for your support...need help..

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

What ever happened to the old UG Newsletters?  One of those had a "how to model a nut" article, which covered the process.  I have a printed copy, but I don't see the archives to post the link to it.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10

Siemens Phenom

Hello @DaveK,

Normally you should be able to find the newsletter here:

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/

And when searching filter on newsletters. But I'm not able to find what you are refering to...

Maybe search on some of the info in the document?

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Siemens Phenom

If you've loaded the Machinery Library, just open any one of the Hex Nut models and look at how it was done.  I created some of the original Part Family masters for Hex Nuts, and these original models were later used as "inspiration" when the official library was created so you should be able to find how it was all done.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I've tried the article subject, and the author name, "Hex nut creation tips" by Dan Hulub of Advanced Training Solutions.  Article was on pages 20 and 21.

FWIW, the news letters are here:  https://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/docs/newsletter.shtml

Looking closer, this was actually part of a PLM World newsletter, aka UG Usersgroup at the time, so I scanned and attached it.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10

Siemens Phenom

If I recall correctly, that was the approach that I used in my original set of Hex Nut Part Families.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA