Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Solved! Go to solution

Hidden line

Hi,

I've a plate under some components where I want to show the hidden line in dashed.

Atthaced the example.

Tried with render sets, but nothing.

Use the View dependent edit it seam a complicated workflow.

 

Thank you...

Using NX 10 / RuleDesigner PDM

......Testing NX 11 on production
9 REPLIES

Re: Hidden line

Did you try switching on 'process hidden lines' and then hidden edges dashed?

 

And of course, with show exact representation.

D.S.Prasad /NX 9.0.3.4
www.onwardgroup.com

Re: Hidden line


NXplorer wrote:

Did you try switching on 'process hidden lines' and then hidden edges dashed?

 

And of course, with show exact representation.


Sorry,

but have you understand my question ?

Thank you...

Using NX 10 / RuleDesigner PDM

......Testing NX 11 on production

Re: Hidden line

Hi,

 

Usually Render Sets is the right way to choose. It should work.

I created a short how-to wmv video and attached it.

 

Hope that also works for you.

 

Regards,

Johannes

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author cubalibre00
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Hidden line

The only advise when you use Render Set functionality is about Performance.

On very complex drawing view the performance of view update can significantly decrese.

I suggest my customers to add some more "standard" view instead of use some "tricks" (render set... breakout view... etc)

This is just my humble opinion.

Beppe G
Siemens PLM Italy

Re: Hidden line


Johannes_H wrote:

Hi,

 

Usually Render Sets is the right way to choose. It should work.

I created a short how-to wmv video and attached it.

 

Hope that also works for you.

 

Regards,

Johannes


Hi Johannes,

I know how to use Render Sets.

My question was about the example, a component that is partially hidden.

Thank you...

Using NX 10 / RuleDesigner PDM

......Testing NX 11 on production

Re: Hidden line


UGoverALL wrote:

The only advise when you use Render Set functionality is about Performance.

On very complex drawing view the performance of view update can significantly decrese.

I suggest my customers to add some more "standard" view instead of use some "tricks" (render set... breakout view... etc)

This is just my humble opinion.


Hi Beppe,

thank you for the suggestions.

I will do that.

Thank you...

Using NX 10 / RuleDesigner PDM

......Testing NX 11 on production

Re: Hidden line

Sorry I didn't get the fact, that you want it "partially" hidden, so I did this video - many users use Render sets incorrectly and then they do not work - wanted to make sure this is not the case. Render sets just exclude the selected geometry from the rest of the hidden line calculation... no matter if it is hidden by another geometry or not.

The only real possible solution to do it in one view is the View dependent edit - and it is quite cumbersome, especially with partial geometries.

 

Johannes

Re: Hidden line

[ Edited ]

Hi Johannes,

 

Thank you very much for the video. It helped me to solve all my problems regarding transparency of parts in drafting.

 

Regards,

Suhas

Re: Hidden line

Secondary Geometry do this for you.

NX11 obviously...

Beppe G
Siemens PLM Italy