Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide/show while inside a feature

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I don’t know if it’s certain commands or all, but yesterday I was using the curve/intersect tool and an easy way to explain what my problem was: I had an enclosed box and an item inside the box that I needed to select to intersect with this other object. After I clicked the box I realized I couldn’t see the object inside the box, and I couldn’t hide the box from the tree. I know I could quick pick the item inside, but I actually needed to be selective on which face I chose. So with an enclosed box I obviously couldn’t see anything inside in order to select it. But I needed the box visible because that also needed to be selected.
I remember when I used catia it was very simple to hide or show anything from the tree while inside a tool feature but yesterday my only options were hide parents or show parents. But the thing is, I know I have hide and shown objects while using other tools like trim sheet.
Is this because nx is a culmination of different softwares purchased and bundled, and this would be why some tools work slightly differently?
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Hide/show while inside a feature

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Mystic97z,

You change the visible status of your objects while in creation mode in a function. Either hover the entity in the PNT, RMB and select “hide” from the menu. You can also, as I always do, use the quick key "CTRL+B" and select the entity you want to hide directly from the Graphical area. Use the combination "CTRL+Shift+K" to do the reverse.

You might also want to have a look into the "See-Though All option" and ensure that the See Through Layers is enabeled. This will give you a transparent view of all enteties hidden by your box. Selecting enteties this way directly from the graphical you need to hover the entety and wait for the Quick Pick list.

Best Regards

Fred

Highlighted

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

thanks sandman that helpd a lot, pretty neat trick.  I tried it several more times throughout the day so I would learn it and engrain it in memory and I noticed, similar to my complaint above, doesn't work consistently in all features.  For example, when I try to cntrl+B while using the 'measure' tool, I can click on an object and it hides it, but it closes my measurment tool.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Mystic97z

I have shown some methods to select in such cases in the video below:

(view in My Videos)

But after all I have encountered cases where hide command in the feature right click menu mysteriously vanishes!!

I could not find such case in my files at the moment but I am sure I have seen it before.

If you could send the prt file in which you do not see the hide in the right click menu while a dialog is open, I would be happy to check.

Best Regards

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Myztic97z,

I see your agony here when it comes to analyze.... We will have to try to make this right. Please file an issue with GTAC.

In the meanwhile you can still use the Assembly navigator as well as the Part navigator to hide entities that are obstructing your objects. In addition there is an option in "See Through-All" together with "Quick Pick". Have a look to the attached movie for details.

Best Regards

Fred

(view in My Videos)