Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide window tabs in NX12?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi, is it possible to hide the window tab row immediately above the graphics window? I don't use the tabs, and they take up valuable space.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES

Re: Hide window tabs in NX12?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Right click on the tab and select Maximise. A Restore button will appear near the Command Finder to revert back.

Mike

NX 12.0.0 TC11.3
www.astonmartin.com

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you, but this seems to only work during a session. Is there a setting so that the tabs are hidden permanently?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I can't find anything in the Customer Defaults. There is a line in the syslog that states 'Multiple Displayed Parts capability is enabled' which suggests that you could disable it.

Mike

NX 12.0.0 TC11.3
www.astonmartin.com

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The question I am wondering about here is why? How much space are the tabs really taking up in the context of being able to have multiple displayed parts? With the size of monitors today I do not really see that as a big issue. Can you please share some images of your screen or what you are trying to accomplish by this request.

Thanks,

Scott

Experimenter
Experimenter
That's fine that you don't view it as an issue but obviously he does and so do I, that's why we're here. If the only solution you can come up with it to deal with it - then you're not helping and your services are no longer required.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

In my view the advantage of having Multiple Display Parts (MDP) far outways the ability to switch off the tabs permanently. Increased graphics performance switching between parts is instantaneous as opposed to the old switch display parts. As someone else said its simple to maximise the window to remove the tabs too. I really do not understand how a small group of tabs are causing pain unless you are working on a very small screen.