Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding the background data of part file while adding into the assembly

Hello all,

Just wanted to know like, is there any option to hide the background data of any part when we add it into the assembly.

Also whenever I edit the part from the assembly the background data(Lines, Surfaces, Solids, datums etc..) will show up. Everytime I have to hide the background data.Is there anyway to solve this?

Thanks for the time,

Devaraj

4 REPLIES

Re: Hiding the background data of part file while adding into the assembly

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Devraj_Mendon,

While adding a component in the assembly, you need to select the MODEL reference set. It can be located under the Settings-Reference Set of Add Component dialog.

Also you can set/change it even after adding a component in the assembly. Select component from the assembly navigator > MB3 > Replace Reference Set.

User defined reference sets can also be defined to control what objects you need to display in context of the assembly.

Regards,
Ganesh

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

@Devraj_Mendon

For the your first question, set the reference set to model as seen in this image:

add-comp-ref-set.png

For your second question, turn off the toggle 'Display using 'Entire Part' reference set

customer defaults.png

Regards,
Abe

@GaneshKadole,
Many thanks for the reply. I tried what you have suggested using the dumb solids. But somehow the result is not same. After replacing reference set with MODEL, I switched to assembly mode and again made the the component as work part(Switched to part mode). Surprisingly, all curves appeared that I have in the work part.
In real scenario(the project I'm working), even if I replace reference set with the MODEL;the background data do not hide.The main assembly has few components among them one component is the work part which consists of two more part assembled to it. May be because of this it is happening so??
Please have a look into the attached video.
Thank you,
Devaraj

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Devaraj, go into preference -> assembly and turn off the Display as Entire Part. Here is a picture of the menu and a link to the descriptions of all the options on the menu

Assembly Preferences Options

Assembly.png

Scott