Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Quality Image Error NX 11

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Everyone,

There seems to be a change in High Quality Image exporting in NX 11. A command I had no problem with in NX10 doesn't work in NX11.

It says " This command is available when the NX_RTS_IRAY environment variable is set to 0, which turns off the new Iray+ renderer."

Anybody know what that means?

hgi.png

5 REPLIES

Re: High Quality Image Error NX 11

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

With the new Ray Traced Studio rendering the static image generation is now part of that workflow.

2017-03-01_6-54-42.pngStatic Image Generation

Try this out with NX 11. There videos posted in the Knowledge Base to show how the new rendering works and what the advantages of this are over the old methods.

Scott

Siemens Phenom

Hi @Elif,

In NX 10, command 'High Quality Image' is available under Menu > View > Visualization.

From NX 11, this command is not available by default. As in command finder it describes, set the environment variable 'NX_RTS_IRAY' with value '0' on your system, restart NX 11 then you will be able to access this command.

Hi @ScottFelber @GaneshKadole

Somone today who's recently upgraded to NX12 has asked me the same question about Artistic Image.

She uses this to create sketch style renders.

It looks like these commands are being replaced by iray. Do you know if it's possible to do these renders in iray, so there's no loss of functionality? As far as I can tell it doesn't have this, but I could be missing a button click or something.

Thanks in advance, Carl

Siemens Phenom

Carl if you set the varialbe in the above reply you can still get the artistic image to appear. It does turn off the new rendering and I will go back and find out what the go forward plans are for those commands.

ArtisticRender.pngSearch on command - Set VAR restart NXArtisticImage.pngArtistic image appears

Thanks @ScottFelber

Yes we had no problem with the variable, but the real question is the going forward plan.

Look forward to hearing from you, regards Carl