Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlight Selection on Rollover Default Setting

Genius
Genius

Does anyone know if there is a way to set the settings as default for the highlight selection on rollover to be off on installation and/or the time setting that delays the rollover highlighting?

I don't see any customer defaults for these settings.

2019-03-16_21-02-06.png

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Highlight Selection on Rollover Default Setting

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Corey1776 ,

I just checked changing the preferences as you want and found that on restarting the session, the changed settings were loaded.

Anyway, there is some other workaround for scenarios like this where there is some setting in preferences but not in Customer Default - Making changes by playing Macro. This macro would have been recorded with settings having attached to a user defined button and even can be played using Keyboard shortcut.

Please find one attached for your scenario. Follow below steps to make changes to NX session when it is opened.

1. When any part is open, MB3 (Mouse Button 3) go to Customize.
  2. Navigate to "new Item" node -> Drag-drop "New User Command" to any bar.
  3. When dialog is still up, MB3 on newly added command -> Edit Action.
  4. Set Type to Macros -> Browse to the macro -> OK.
  5. Select some other node and then My User Commands node.
  6. Click on Keyboard button.
  7. Assign a unique Keyboard shortcut e.g. press Ctrl + Shift + Q -> Assign.
  8. Close both dialogs.
  9. Now when NX is started, load any part file and press assigned Shortcut, NX will changes to preferences.

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Genius
Genius
Thank you! I might have to see if I can incorporate the macro on an install script that opens NX with an empty model and changes those settings. The hope is to remove the highlight selection on rollover for every installation. Thanks again!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Does anyone know if there is a way to set the settings as default for the highlight selection on rollover to be off on installation and/or the time setting that delays the rollover highlighting?

I don't see any customer defaults for these settings.

@Corey1776 , That's right, there is no CD setting available for it.

Any changes to this preference setting will be stored stored in user's "DialogMemory.dlx" file and it will be applied for all subsequesnt NX sessions.