Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlight modified components ?

Genius
Genius

hello,

as I remember, in old UG there was a command to highlight components

modified on disk since opening, which I'm unable to find in NX9.

Is this command still available ?

Tnx

7 REPLIES

Re: Highlight modified components ?

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

File -> close -> close and reopen selected parts will list the parts that are different on disk vs what you have in session. I don't remember there ever being a way to just highlight them.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

You can add the "Modified" column in the assembly navigator, if it's not already on, and see which ones have changed there too.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Genius
Genius

actually, the Modified column doesn't get tagged if a component has been modified

by another user (I tested that in native mode, I don't have TC).

The Reopen command doesn't allow to list modified components unless the actual reopening

is performed.

As I remember, in UG13 there was a command related to component filters that highlighted

in red the components modified on disk since opening, which was just a preview and didn't

perform any actual operation. It seems gone, though :-/

Genius
Genius
There is an "update Report" if you cklick on "Information - assemblies - update Report"
You can also activate it in "preferences - assemblies..." and then "Display update Report"

You get a list of modified components...

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

How can another user modify your part while it is in your session? Are you working on a network disk? And the file changed on disk? I would assume that NX itself also doesn't know the file has changed.

W10 NX12.0.1.7

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

If you use the "reopen selected components" (as per my previous post), NX will compare the parts you have open in session vs what is stored on the disk; any that differ (whether you or someone else modified it) will be listed in the dialog box.

Genius
Genius

sorry, I thought you meant the information window.

I see now, thank you.