Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole feature and pocket feature menu different from OOTB menus?

Hello,

I downloaded this file from GTAC and I have a few questions about how the author made this file.

1) In the image, how can I add the names in red circle to my 3D drawing?

1.png

2) When I edit the features on the tree, the menu is different from the OOTB menu. I wonder why would this happen? 

NOTE: The file should be opened in NX 9.0 or later.

2 REPLIES

Re: Hole feature and pocket feature menu different from OOTB menus?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

1. See image attached, which shows where to access the name display in the Visualisation preferences.

2017-05-15_9-45-43.jpg

2. The part is from Unigraphics V16 which dates back into the 1990's. The features were created then so they use the old dialog styles when edited today.

Anthony Galante, Senior Support Engineer
PhoenxPLM
24 versions of NX installed: NX4 to NX12, plus TC11.2

Re: Hole feature and pocket feature menu different from OOTB menus?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@Stephan_Spears Check the part history and modifications for the more information about the part.

Menu > Information > Part > Part History

From Documentation

"Information in the Part Save History report includes the part's version numbers, the save dates and times, the owners of the listed versions, and the program name under which the versions were saved."

Menu > Information > Part > Modifications

From Documentation

"Use the Part Modifications dialog box to generate a report in the Information window that shows the objects that have been created or last modified with respect to a particular version of the part. Generate the report for the work part, the displayed part, or a component of the displayed part. You can highlight each object shown in the generated report in the graphics window."