Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holes in welded assembly into multiple parts

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi

I am looking for the easist way, how to create holes pattern on welded part. I was trying promote body (as seen in the video) and wave link ( we dont have licence for whole wave). But the problem seems to be the limitation of creating holes. As I remember, this is a frequently mentioned problem. So is there some easy way, how to create this pattern, or is it necessary to make hole on each profile separately and then make pattern? Smiley Frustrated

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

6 REPLIES

Re: Holes in welded assembly into multiple parts

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Please find the movie below. The reason is that the bodies are not connected and for the hole operation to be patterned (which actually needs to be subtracted from the bodies) we need one body as  a whole. Here is one of the workaround i used...Not sure if this makes any sense.

(view in My Videos)

Best Regards

Kapil

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks

Yes,it makes sense. I actually tried to get the bodies somehow together, but this solution did not occur to me Smiley Happy . But anyhow - it doesn't look as a regular solution for CAD as NX...does it?? Smiley Frustrated   Are there any more possibilities,or the connecting bodies is the only way,how to evade this hole limitation ??

Siemens Phenom

Hi,

I admit connecting bodies using a dummy body might not be feasible always but you can still give it a try...

one more option you can use is ..to create the hole with Boolean as None and then use PATTERN GEOMETRY to get the array...you can later boolean (subtract)  the holes from the disconnected bodies.

En1.jpg

Regards

Kapil

Siemens Phenom

or use Assembly cut.. I will leave it to the experts regarding the use of assembly cuts for such operations

en2.jpg

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thx

I was just thinking about it and tried.. I did it as: 

promote body - make one hole - pattern geometry - assembly cut... and it worked. You just need to select all bodies(profiles) and the pattern as a tool.holes.png

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Ohh.I have just noticed that this solution has already been mentioned by @kapilsharma Smiley Happy

Thank You

But any other options are welcome.