Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can change size of dimension text in draft globaly?

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi everyone,

How I can change size of dimension  text in draft globaly?  When I try do this in file, which is indicated in .pax file - it doesn't work. Do you have any idea how I can change it?

best regards

lukipap

5 REPLIES

Re: How I can change size of dimension text in draft globaly?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

you can use the selection filter to select all the dimensions on the drawing and then use right mouse click-settings to change the value for all the dimensions.

If you start with a drawing go to the drafting preferences and change the value there.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Hi,
thanks for respond, but I want chnge it globally. There is no need to change it in .pax files?

best regards

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

The pax files is only an collection of default parts that are copied for a new part/drawing.

If you open a part that is used in the PAX file you can change there the preferences that you need and save it then.

When you then open a new part/drawing it takes the preferences of that template.

For drafting there is no setting to change for al legacy data the dimension text because it's a template setting and not a session setting.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Your Pax files point to certain .prt files or teamcenter NX item's with a revision.  Now within these .prt, or Items, NX files you can change your defaults and text sizes.

This will not affect drawings that have already been made.  So you will have to write some VB code, or do it manually on these drawings.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

You can set in Customer defaults, but drafting only uses them if you create a new part from scratch (use the "blank" template part in "File -> New")

Otherwise, as with most (if not all) drafting defaults, these are set in the seed part (what the PAX points to).

So you have to edit the seed .PRT files pointed to in the PAX file, and set /inherit all the drafting preferences.

NOTE: If you need to do this to more than 1 seed part (and/or also apply to existing parts)

- edit the customer defaults, create a new drafting standard & set everything in there.

- then for DRAFTING preferences, you can (with the part open):

-- File -> Preferences -> Drafting

-- Expand the "Inherit" block

-- set "settings Source" to "Customer defaults"

-- "OK" that dialog.

This way the parts are all set consistantly...for creating new drafting objects.

Although, as mentioned, EXISTING drafting objects won't be updated - you'll have to edit them manually or with a journal.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled