Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are you managing object display? SE to NX 10

Builder
Builder

Is there anything in NX 10 that works like Display Configurations in Solid Edge?

The video link below shows how easy and fast it it is to change the display of objects in the graphics area. In NX I thought Reference Sets was the answer... and it is for sub-assemblies. Then I thought Model Views was the answer but it isn't as I am trying to use it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

https://www.screencast.com/t/qY2ePf6Hn

4 REPLIES

Re: How are you managing object display? SE to NX 10

Builder
Builder

I found the solution.

"Layer Visible in View" is the elusive command I was looking for.

Although like everything with NX, unintuitive and requiring more clicks than needed, I am able to use Layers, Model Views, Show/Hide, Orient, and Layer VIsible in View to get the results I need.

This should be one command to capture display states that include the current MCS, WCS, Objects displayed, Layer settings, application, etc. with the option to include/exclude what is captured. Now that is an efficient command.

I would love to have a fraction of a penny for every useless click made in NX by users everyday. I'd be a millionaire in a week.

Genius
Genius

What you realy need are component groups. With component groups you can create different collections of components and handle the visibility state. Use the context menue of the Assembly Navigator to activate the component groups. but you need a advanced assembly license to use this feature.

Regards André

Builder
Builder

Thank you for the response Andre.

I am using a customer license and Advanced Assemlies is not available.

Thanks, Pat

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You can also try using arrangements in assemblies. You can suppress(hide) components per each arrangements. It helps selection if you Ctrl+W all datums,sheets bodies(you just want to select solid bodies).

The "supression" only refers to component visibility in that arrangement.