Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i place the face on another face by copy the shape of the destination object

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Imagine that if we want to attached the paper on the complex shape panel. 

Whcih function which i should do?

I try "replace face" but i dont want intersection line, i want only the rectangular of the original shape.

in case to do the simulation, and easy to get a good mesh

The application for this is damping layer attached to door panel.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: How can i place the face on another face by copy the shape of the destination object

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hi Nitipat,

Welcome to Community!
How about using Divide Face or Trim Sheet?

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Re: How can i place the face on another face by copy the shape of the destination object

Solution Partner Creator

After i get the face from trim sheet. 

i try to mesh, and i change the dimension of the rectangular.

the resul as shown, the area i choosed to mesh is also change.

Is that due to the line shown on the surface cause the mesh problems?

How can i do one click on the mesh area? 

Final result that i need is whatever i change the rectangular dimension, mesh area is automatically to be the same.

Siemens Phenom

@Nitipat , can you please zip part file and attach to post?

Regards,
Samadhan

Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Solution Partner Creator

Please see the attached file.

Siemens Phenom

Please find video below. You can use Fill Surface to get a face without edges and use it further for simulation.

(view in My Videos)

Regards,
Samadhan

Solution Partner Creator
I already try this method, but i dont think that fill surface will have exactly same surface as it original.
Do you see my point?
Or need more explanation?

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Nitipat

You can try Flattening and Forming.

Siemens Phenom

I got your point. I think guys from Simcenter should be able to solve your problem.

Consider posting the question on the relevant forum under Simcenter, if problem is not solved here.

Regards,
Samadhan

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Nitipat 

I am not exactly sure but I think you need a surface without inside edges over some specific area of your existing surfaces.

If so this is exactly what "Quilt" command can do for you:

Quilt