Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you exchange plating style infomation for non-circular cutouts using IDF ?

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

NX Help - PCB Exchange section says that "Non-circular cutouts can be tagged with drilled hole attributes only in PCB Exchange for Zuken and IDX.", I know, then the only way to exchange non-circular cutouts between NX and ECAD using IDF is that user must not tag any definition to non-circular cutouts i.e. they are defined as a part of "Outline Section". It means that you cannot exchange the plating style infomation ( thru / non-thru ). 

Are there any workaround for this situation?

4 REPLIES

Re: How can you exchange plating style infomation for non-circular cutouts using IDF ?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Muramori,

Which ECAD software are you using?

I contacted MAYA support regarding your question and here's the reply I received:

Unfortunatly no there isn't a workaround for this, the IDF format simply does not support non-circular hole definitions.

Like you mention the Zuken and IDX however do. The manual workaround is take a screen capture of the model and send over the information via a pdf or word document.

Regards, Ben

Re: How can you exchange plating style infomation for non-circular cutouts using IDF ?

Solution Partner Creator

My customer uses Zuken ECAD, but does not use PCB Exchange for Zuken.

You mean that PCB Exchange user exhanges PCB information via not only IDF but also some other format in a real situation... Are there any user who uses the "OTHER AREA" with the special user-defined type for non-circular hole definition?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
You mean that PCB Exchange user exhanges PCB information via not only IDF but also some other format in a real situation...

Import ECAD Model

"You can import Zuken, IDF, baseline IDX, and GenCAD files"

Regards, Ben

Solution Partner Creator

I'm sorry for my poor English.

I mean PCB Exchange users who uses IDF format for exchanging PCB infomation within their ECAD and/or license limitations have to use only PDF or Word document for non-circular holes infomation... and my question is that whether there exitst any practical workarounds for exchanging non-circular holes infomation without creating additional documents outside of NX...