Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could I show basic part face colours at Assembly components level?

Phenom
Phenom

Attached is a simple assembly where part face colours are different to its Assembly component’s faces. At the assembly level, I just want to make it same as Part Face colours .

I followed the following sequence but it didn’t work:

At assembly level with the selection rule “Component” I selected component, RMB>Properties>Assembly (Tab)>Synchronize Subassembly Properties>Display <OK>

Any other solution?  

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

5 REPLIES

Re: How could I show basic part face colours at Assembly components level?

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Edit -> object display (filter for components) and change the component to a single color (any color); now right click on the component -> properties -> assembly -> uncheck the "specific component color" option. This will reset your assembly bodies to the same color as your part bodies.

Phenom
Phenom

This is a work around! Isn't it?

Thanks @cowski1 for the tip, It woked. 

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

You can also use the part cleanup component display option: "remove all changes". I forgot about the part cleanup option until this morning. I think this option will reset the display of all the components, which may or may not be desired.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

cowski1 wrote:

You can also use the part cleanup component display option: "remove all changes". I forgot about the part cleanup option until this morning. I think this option will reset the display of all the components, which may or may not be desired.

Color can be changed by selecting the component or the faces of the component by filter selection. 'Component Dispaly: Remove All Changes' clean up action will only remove the color of the faces which is applied using the filter face selection not the component.

Regards,
Ganesh

Phenom
Phenom

cowski1 wrote:

Edit -> object display (filter for components) and change the component to a single color (any color); now right click on the component -> properties -> assembly -> uncheck the "specific component color" option. This will reset your assembly bodies to the same color as your part bodies.

Above is what I was doing. I must repeat this step at each assembly level which is absurd.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW