Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I measure the displacement of a moved part while constraining in Assembly mode?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear All,

I would like to measure the displacement of a component which is moved after appliying Touch constraint in Assembly module.

Could somebody help me?

Thanks

Necati

4 REPLIES

Re: How do I measure the displacement of a moved part while constraining in Assembly mode?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Wave link a non-associative body, apply the touch to the component, and then measure the distance, would be one way.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Re: How do I measure the displacement of a moved part while constraining in Assembly mode?

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

If you are using Teamcenter you can show a column for the transformation matrix.  This will show you if a transformation has been applied, but it might be tricky to calculate the actual distance.

Rick Hebert
NX Magician
Used NX (Unigraphics) since 1984
Houston, TX, USA

Phenom
Phenom

In the Move Component window, go to Copy ->Mode -> “Manual Copy” then click “Create Copy”.

Select moving constrains to move the component. With the Settings and other selections, you could have the original component to remain at the original location. Measure and then undo or delete unwanted component.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can also use info object on the component twice, once before and once after the move.

The Information Window will list the component translations and rotations. 

Regards, **bleep**