Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Automatically Orient the View to Sketch after the Plane is selected for sketching?

Experimenter
Experimenter

After I select the plane for sketching, I have to automatically select the orient the view to sketch command (Shift + F8) to make the view normal to the plane. Is there any option in NX 7.5 so that I can do it automatically?

3 REPLIES

Re: How to Automatically Orient the View to Sketch after the Plane is selected for sketching?

Genius
Genius

You have to change the Customer Default 'Change View Orientation' under 'Sketch -> General -> Tab: Session Settings

Regards André

Re: How to Automatically Orient the View to Sketch after the Plane is selected for sketching?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

In NX 7.5 the option "Change View Orientation" in the sketch preferences dialog only works for the Sketch Task Environment. In NX 8.5 the option was made to work for Direct Sketch.

Regards, **bleep**

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

There is no option to do that in NX 7.5. The only way is to right click and select Orient View to Sketch or by Pressing (Shift+F8) command.