cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Locate and Access NX Help Documentation

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello NX Design Community!

In order to better help you, I wish to call your attention to the NX Documentation.

The forum is a great place to get answers to your questions. You can also find answers in the NX Help section. To ensure you have easy access to the documentation whenever you may need it, I’m including the links in this post:

For general help with NX applications, visit NX Help
For help with programming and customization, see the SNAP Getting Started Guide.
For anyone familiar with GRIP, we also have SNAP and NX Open for Grip Enthusiasts.

You can also find links to the NX help and API documentation under NX Design Key Links on the right side bar of the NX Design Forum homepage. (Please see the highlighted section below) 

NX Design forum.png

Note: Using these links does not require that you’ve already installed the help docs on your system. This is an additional and more readily available option for you to access the NX Help docs from wherever you happen to be reading the posts on the Siemens PLM Community site.

The documentation in the links above is for NX 10. You should still be able to find help for any topic even if you are not running NX 10. I recommend the latest help version because some people experience issues with the search in previous NX help documentation. Those issues are resolved in NX 10.

Of course, you can always refer back to the documentation for previous versions of NX if you prefer. This is just my recommendation. Smiley Happy

Please let me know if you have any feedback or questions.

Thank you for your ongoing participation in the Community! Together we help to inspire and learn from one another.

Best Regards,

Amy Allen
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software, Inc.

31 REPLIES

Re: How to Locate and Access NX Help Documentation

Genius
Genius

Would you please post the link for NX 9 and Teamcenter 10 help documentation ?

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Mak,

I normally access the previous version NX /TC documentation on https://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/general/documentation.shtml .

But as you pointed it will be good to have the link posted here also.

Best Regards

Kapil

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Mak_Jo,

Sure, I'm happy to share those links with you. 

For Teamcenter, there looks to be different point versions. I'm providing you with the latest, 10.1.5 Let me know if you need a different version. 

Best, 

Amy

Genius
Genius

Do I need webkey and password to access Teamcenter help documentation ? Sometimes it opens and sometime it asks for webkey and password !

NX documentation works fine without any webkey and password.

BR
Mak
TC10/NX 9

Siemens Phenom

Hello @Mak_Jo,

Currently NX 10.0 is the only documentation that I know of, that does not require a WebKey account. All previous version still do. Not sure if we are going to change this.

Aditionally, once you are logged in with your WebKey, as long as you do not close your browser, you will stay logged in.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

very useful links.... thank you.

I'm still on NX9 but, due to the problems older help collections had with java updates, I'd like to use also the online help of NX10 as for most features there are not any change between the different versions. The problem I'm facing is that, as I connect from Italy, following the link for the documentation page from the GTAC site for the NX10 docs I'm redirected to the italian version of the documentation. As I've always worked, during the last 17 years, whith the UG/Nx english localized version, I'd like to read documentation in that language because all the commands/features I use are in english.

Do you know af any way to choose the langage I prefer for the documentation instead of being redirected to the automated one ?

Siemens Phenom

Hello @suso,

There are 2 ways to do this. First of all you can set your Browser preferred language to English. This will automatically load the site in English.

Secondly you can force this, by putting the language in the URL.

ie.for NX 10.0.3:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/en_US/nx/10.0.3/nx_help/#uid:index

For those of you that have the documentation installed locally, this is not yet possible for the current version of the documentation server provided. It will be possible in the version of the Doc server provided with NX 11.0.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

@DennisdeBrouwer maybe i understood wrong. I tried your version with the en_US in the middle. It dont changes anythng on my machine. It still opens in german. Only if i change the browser language it does take the change.

or is that what you meant will work with nx11

Siemens Phenom

Hello @Cableguy,

I'm really sorry. I've tested this in the version that was going to be released. v4.0. Unfortunatly in the version that was finally released v4.0.1, this feature was removed. We are working on it to get it back. I'll keep you posted when things have changed.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer