I have a big assembly ( >400Mb ( >1000 file components)) . when use Nx , my computer run very slowly, I cant design .
My PC : chipset : core i5 4460, ram 16G DDR3 bus 1600, card NVIDIA GT625 1G.
what problem with my computer ?
First of all your PC is equipped with a "Game Oriented" Graphic Card: the GeForce family.
You should use GC from Quadro family.
The we need to have more detail about your lack of performance:
- Performance in Opening? how long?
- Performance when you manipulate graphically your assembly? (Zoom, Rotate, Section)
- Performance when go in/out the assembly structure (Make Work Part, Displayed part, ...)
- Performance when you make Analysis on your assembly? (measures for example)
- Performance during Clearance?
- Performance when you add Assembly Features?
- performance when you add new components?
Thanks you for your surport.
I want to how need I choose my computer to it run is not slow
My PC when use Nx
file step (100Mb ( 1000components) )
-Open file step : 48 minutes
- Open file Nx ( after save file step ) : 30s
-Rotate, zoom: 20s
-Save file Nx : 1minute 15s
-Closed ; 5s
what need I do ?
Open a STEP file is a totally different story. Don't mix it with standard Assembly Performance.
For your Assembly performance do this:
- Configure NX to use the best lightweight representation (as tolerance, for example)
- Refile all parts in the current NX release
- Be sure that all your components are Solids
- During Refile create lightweight representation (forcing the re-creation)
- During Refile cleanup your data
refile_part.exe *.prt -co -d -s -cleanup -regen_lw_def_tol
- Open your assembly using Partial Loading & Lightweight
- Configure Visualization Performance for Large Model and disable all the graphic gadgets (shadows, floor, rendering, etc)
- Disable the visualization on View Center of Rotation
- use Lightweight always
- Use Smart Lightweight 2D View
- Use Component Group to quickly switch off unuseful components
- Use product Outline to open your assembly without components and then open just your context (Open by Proximity for example)
- Simplify complex sub-assembly using Linked Exterior
Are you asking me to create a video for what?
The step by step procedure I exposed works normally and it's an enabler for good X4mance.
if your PC is still very slow probably, before go ahead, is to try the same assembly on another PC with a nVidia FX and not a "Game oriented" GeForce.
I dont know all setup as your method. I try the same assembly on onother PC ( 20 Pc, all is still very slow). " Not a "Game oriented " Geforce what its mean ? I shold use Graphic is Nvidia Fx , not use Nvida Gefore?
Thanks you for your support
GEFORCE is not a suitable Graphic Card for Professional CAD Activity.
But, more important is to follow the suggestions I sent you at the beginning:
- Refile parts
- Use Lightweight
When I start Open Nx, I choose " Use partial loading " And " Use lighweight representation" but I dont kow where choose " Reflie parts "?. After I load my design, My PC is not improve .
Thanks you for your support