Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Save file Nx 10 to Nx 9

Builder
Builder

Hi every body

I using Nx 10 but I have a question about save file Nx 10

I want to save file Nx 10 to Nx9 for use in Nx9.

Can you help me

Thanks you very much

Le Dung

8 REPLIES

Re: How to Save file Nx 10 to Nx 9

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello, I am not aware of an possibility to save NX10 part directly to NX9.

What was always the way to get 3D Model to lover version of UG/NX, is to export the Paraolid file to the appropriate version (NX9 is the Parasolid 26.0) and then open this file in the desired NX version. You get the non-associative 3D geometry.

Builder
Builder

Dear Pajir!

If I using Parasolid , My design is not history in Modeling and  Drawing 2D.

I want to file *.prt of Nx10 in Nx9

Thanks you very much. sorry beacse my english is not good

Genius
Genius
This is not possible - at least for everyone maybe exceot Siemens...
You can either Transfer the geometry with parasolid or nothing else. Once saved in a higher Version there is no ways back...

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

As far as I know Siemens does not let you save to a lower version. Once in newer version all work must be done there.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

You will have to use a "neutral" format (parasolid, STEP, IGES, etc) to transfer the geometry to a lower version of NX. You will lose the part history, but with the current set of "synchronous modeling" tools, this isn't as bad a situation as it used to be...

Experimenter
Experimenter

I'm not aware of any way which makes possible to conserve part history while saving from higher version to lower in NX.

Synchronous modelling tools are your best options to convert the surfaces into parametric model. You should really give it a try as most common features can be made parametric using these tools, unless you have a very complex surface model, in which case the original history usually isn't much help in modifying the part either way.

Builder
Builder

Dear ALL

It is Nx can not save file to lower version . Smiley SadI cant use format " step. iges," becasue it is not same as *.prt.

Thanks you very much.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hallo @ledungutc,

As the others have said before: Unfortunatly, no it's not possible to Save a NX 10.0 part, so you can open it in NX 9.0, with all the parameters/part history, so you can edit it in NX 9.0.

The best option in NX 10.0 is to go for:

File --> Export --> Parasolid --> Select the solid body --> Version: 26.0 - NX 9.0 --> OK

In NX 9.0:

File --> New --> Select a model template

File --> Import --> Parasolid --> Select the exported parasolid.

Now in here you can use the Synchronous tools and the normal NX features to edit the existing part in NX 9.0.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software