Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the thickness of sheet metal ?

Creator
Creator

Hello, sorry for asking this kind of nooby question here, but just I can't really find any to solve my problem,

Actually, I'm using NX 10 sheetmetal to simulate a strip of how a sheet metal product forms in sequence,

and I want to design my own product now, but just can't change the thickness when I clicked the "TAB", it always shows 3mm automatically. Do you guys have any ideas about this ? I saw a post kind of about this, but it wasn't solved. So, I'm wondering if anyone knows about this.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES

Re: How to change the thickness of sheet metal ?

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi,

That is, the sheet metal preferences is applied.

[Preferences] - [Sheet Metal] - [Part Properties]tab - [Material Thickness]

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/10.0.3/nx_help#uid:index_nx_sheet_metal:id791687:id7...

If you want to change the thickness in the TAB dialog, you may choose [Use Local Value] after clicking the [=] button to the right of Thickness.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @knockitover,

Menu > Preferences > Sheet Metal.

Part Properties tab, under Global Parameters group you can change the material thickness to the required value.

If you do not want to change global value for material thickness then edit tab feature and use option 'Use Local Value' as shown.SM_Tab_Thickness.png

Creator
Creator
@Seiji @GaneshKadole Thank you both a lottttt!
I'd been searching for how to solve it for a whole week, then realized there's forum where I can get my problem solved .
Thx again

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

@knockitover,

Anything else we can do for you regarding sheet metal, happy to help.  There's also a dedicated sheet metal group as part of this forum where you can post too.

Dave Walker

Sheet Metal Product Manager