Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check which part list rows do not have an associated symbol on the drawing

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all,

is there a one click solution to check which part list rows do not have an associated symbol on the drawing sheet?

I only know the method: select all part list rows, RMB and if there is the option "Navigate to Callouts", then all part list rows do have an associated symbol.

If the option is not there you know that there are symbols missing, but you have no clue which ones are missing.

Checking all rows manually is pretty annoying.

Thanks in advance.

19 REPLIES

Re: How to check which part list rows do not have an associated symbol on the drawing

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

If you are using NX 9, there is a journal in the GTAC solution center that will report missing balloons. Search for the document nxapi_5281.

Re: How to check which part list rows do not have an associated symbol on the drawing

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom
Search didn't come up with anything. Is it in the scratch download area?
-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Try searching on: report missing ballons of parts list (note "balloons" is spelled incorrectly).

Weird that you can't search on the document ID...

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom
just using the word "ballon" found it for me, thanks!
-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Experimenter
Experimenter

For the journal search the following string: "nx_api5281"

We are using NX8.5 so the journal won´t help.

At least they added some part list NX Open functionality in NX9.

From my point of view there should be an out of the box function in drafting for this.

This is something almost everybody needs, to create a drawing.

I think a version can be made to work with NX 8.5, but the GTAC code does make use of some NXOpen functionality not available before NX 9.

Attached is a version that works with NX 8.5; it may work with versions as far back as NX 5, but I have not tested any version other than 8.5. Change the file extension from .txt to .vb before attempting to run it.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

OOPS!

I have corrected the spelling of the filename for the sample program, so after it goes through the nightly update cycle, it should be available in the solution center without the need to spell balloon incorrectly.

In defense of the author of the program, I have to point out that he speaks both German and English fluently, and the spelling with one "o" is correct in German - at least according to Google Translate.  8-)

I have found several of Frank's examples to be very useful in the past few years; I do not mean to detract from his work in any way over a simple (english) misspelling.