Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to color a flat-pattern ?

Genius
Genius

Hello

How to color a flat-pattern ? or make it Fully Shaded ? (In drawing)

COLOR FLATPATTERN.jpg

4 REPLIES

Re: How to color a flat-pattern ?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Like other views (Base/Projected etc.), Flat pattern view does not have 'Shading' option in the drafting. The following can be a workaround. There may be some other way to achieve the same,not sure about it.

First, Turn off the 'Monochrome' display of drawing.

Start the 'Area Fill' command. Set the selection mode to 'Boundary Curves' and select the flat pattern view boundary. Under settings, select pattern as 'Solid Fill' and the desired color.

shade.PNG

shade.PNG1.PNG

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

@12131444 wrote:

Hello

How to color a flat-pattern ? or make it Fully Shaded ? (In drawing)

Hi 12131444,

I'm curious to the value of this, can you explain?  If it is to make the outer profile clearer, you can user a thicker line width for the Exterior line definition.

2017-04-10 09_22_53-Sheet Metal Preferences.jpg2017-04-10 09_23_50-NX 11.0.1.11 - Sheet Metal - [sheet_metal_model4.prt (Modified) ].jpg

Builder
Builder
hello@friends

i have another stupid query,

i wanna do background black in drafting,

also wanna change projected views lines thickness (should be also thick in print)

anybody have idea than please responce

thanks
Warm Regards
Thomas Roman
Machine Designer

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
Background:
Customer Defaults-->Gateway-->Visualization-->Color Settings-->Drawing Part-->Background
or for parts that already exist: File-->Preferences-->Background. Change to the drafting application first. when you save the drawing it will be stored with it.

Line thickness depends on templates and drafting standards - I'll let the experts respond to that one Smiley Wink