cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compare NX dataset versions?

For TC-NX intergration, there is option in Teamcenter File >> Open  With...

By using this option we can open the previous stored versions of a required dataset.

As there is command in NX named as 'Model Comapre' where we can compare the geometries of two models. My questions is, If I have UGMASTER dataset containing some geomtery.

I want to compare two different versions of UGMASTER dataset of same item to find out the changes/modifications done to the geometry. Is it possible? Can we compare them in TC or NX ?

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | TCIN
TC 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | AWC 3.2
8 REPLIES

Re: Hoe to compare NX dataset versions?

Phenom
Phenom

Hello,

I do so: I create a new file in TC called 'compare' and then I add the two files that I need to compare as components and then I launch the command 'model compare'.

Ciao

@Cesare As per your comment, Then I need to save two versions of NX dataset (of same item) as seperate items and add them in new item (Compare) to execute model comparison. Is this what you mean? 

Phenom
Phenom

Hello, if you should compare two different part of two items you would simply load one of the two parts in the other and then run the command.
The problem is that you can not load a version of the same part in the item in the other part.
Then you create a new item, and in this new part you load, as components, the parts 'partxxxxx_revA' and 'partxxxxx_revB' owned to the same item.

Phenom
Phenom

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Are you asking about TC revisions ("/0", "/A", "/B") or versions (";31", ";32", ";33") of a single revision?

There is an NX customer default to allow you open more than 1 revision of a part at a time (although I would be VERY careful if you leave this turned on all the time).

In NX10:

Teamcenter Integration for NX -> General -> "Multiple revisions" tab -> Enable multiple revisions

I don't know of anything for versions - best I can offer is open the version of choice and "save as" to a different item.  Or else create a lot more revisions.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Re: How to compare NX dataset versions?

I am asking about versions of a item revision.

Now the only way as per comments from you guys is to save NX datasets of two versions as seperate items and import them in third item to compare in NX.

@Cesare@Ken_A: Thank you for your suggestions/comments! Smiley Happy 

Re: How to compare NX dataset versions?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You don't need to import into a 3rd item to use "model compare"

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thank you very much! it was very helpful!