Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compare different revisions of the same part

Pioneer
Pioneer

I often export parts offshore to be revised.  When I re-import the parts, I need to compare the old part to the new part to make sure that they are the same, with the exception of the intended changes.  My first attempt was to create an assembly that includes both versions, but NX does not allow an assembly to have different versions of the same part.  Is there any built-in functionality in NX to do this, or do I just make a copy of one of the parts to use in the assembly?  Thanks.

4 REPLIES

Re: How to compare different revisions of the same part

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @DaveL3149,

You can add multiple revisions of same component in an assembly. Have a look at Using multiple revisions in assemblies. You need to enable customer default setting 'Enable Multiple Revisions'.

Also Revision Compare can be used to compare geometries of different item revisions of same item.

Regards,
Ganesh

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

analysis -> More -> model compare (or use command finder on "model compare")

note I believe they need to be different items in TC.

There used to be a "Tools - UGManager - Revision Compare" but it seems to have disappeared (or been renamed)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Pioneer
Pioneer

Sorry.  I forgot to mention that I was using Teamcenter.  TC is not allowing different versions to be loaded into NX at the same time.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

There is a setting in the customer defualts that will allow this.  Also with doing model compare in NX using teamcenter, use command finder to find  "prepare for compare".  This will create and ALT rep dataset of the older revision in your Item revision.  Then you can do your Model compare from the ALT rep that is created during the prepare for compare command.