Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure NX Routing properly?

Genius
Genius

Hello,

I want to configure NX (Mechanical) Routing and I run into some problems.

Our main problem:

We want to define a "cable" (or pipe) with outer and inner diameter and a minimum bend radius.

I a have already dig into the ss and ptb and plv files but it does not seem to work properly.

My main problem is the "minimum bend radius" I do not find any place where I can configure it at all.

Any hints?

regards,

josch

7 REPLIES

Re: How to configure NX Routing properly?

Legend
Legend

MIN_BEND_RADIUS can be set in the .ptb file. It is then highlighted when you run checks.

rule.gifptb.gif

Genius
Genius

This seems to be working (==no displayed error) but I do not get any feedback when the min radius is not used...

do you have any example including prt ptb (and txt file to compile) and example plv file?

I do not know where my error is...

Legend
Legend

Sorry, no files.

Genius
Genius

Because of intelectual property reasons? Then maybe more information? Is "MIN_BEND_RADIUS" a keyword?

Legend
Legend

If you search for MIN_BEND_RADIUS in the online help it should give you more information. I don't have any parts as I think this only works in NX11 and up, I'm still on 8.5.

I assume you restarted NX after adding MIN_BEND_RADIUS

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Josch,

Optionally you can use check-mate test for Minimum Bend radius.

We use to have a wiring preference for reporting the issues automatically in electrical routing though. But not sure if this works for Mechanical routing also.

routing_test.jpg

Best Regards

Kapil

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hello all,

The Report Routing Errors option just covers showing errors while routing electrical connections, either Auto Route or Manual Route.  The regular design rules for checking minimum bend radius are independent of this setting.

MIN_BEND_RADIUS and the design rule checks are available in both electrical and mechanical and have been around since before NX8.5. 

Design Rules can be configured to either run concurrently, after a routing function completes, interactively, on-demand with the Interactive Check function, or not at all.  This is controlled in the APV file, ugroute_elec/mech_inch/metric.xml file.

Stocks remember the attributes as they were created.  This makes the routing assemblies very portable. However, that means if you change the attributes of a stock, the old stock will not use the new information. In deed, if the given stock has been loaded in session, any newly created stocks of the same stock will have that loaded definition.

New in NX12 is a function Refresh Stock Definitions.  It's available in Mechanical Routing, under the Menu, Tools, Routing Administrator.  There's a new Routing Adminstrator group as refreshing stock definitions should be understood and carefully done.  That is, if you refresh some uses of the stock, but not all, then you could end up propagating more instances of the old stock in the future.

Prior to NX12, you must delete the stock, restart NX, and create the stock.  Or via NX/open.

Doug