Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create MACRO in UG NX?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, 

I am totally new to Macro, & i have no idea how to create a MACRO.
1. I want to create a MACRO in which i can extract the surfaces of particular radius from a part. 
2. further i want to roll a sphere on that part & then i need surfaces of particular radius which will come in contact with sphere after rolling over that part.

kindly guide, how to proceed?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to create MACRO in UG NX?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Sahil1988,

Instead of macro, I would suggest to use 'Journal' as they are more flexible.

Look for 'journal' into the online NX documentation for more information.

Both macro and journal commands are present under Menu > Tools.

Siemens Phenom

Pioneer
Pioneer

Follow these steps to create a macro:

1. Select the tools drop down menu
  2. Select macro
  3. Select start record

Macros can be setup for user interaction also and can be paused to give the user instructions. Macros can be setup with user entry boxes or file selection dialog boxes.

Watch the video below to view a macro I created to change the color to green and my translucency to 75%. The video shows how I created the macro and un-did the macro’s result. The video also shows the playback of the macro created for testing.

https://youtu.be/-yETTt6yN_A

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello I am an NX user sicne 2 years but I am not proficency and I am not able to programm. 

I want 3 shortcut:

1) insert a brake on dimensions;

2) insert a jog:

3) change direction arrow from internal to external (for instance).

I want make a macros (and than mouse shortuct) because to follow the standard path is too long. 

I did 3 macros, and 3 jurney, but they don't work properly (because I have have registered the macro on a particular dimension). In particoular appera the attached error.

Could someone help me?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Steven for sharing the same

Siemens Phenom

We've dedicated forum for programming/journling related questions where you can ask questions or go through threads to know-how: NX Programming & Customization Forum

Also this is the site having many examples or generic code that one use: http://www.nxjournaling.com/forum

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!