Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Macros in NX drafting ??

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all ,

This ia abhinav , I wanted to create an edge break symbol with modifying arrow in drafting which i can use further also , I tried it with define customer symbol but the problem is with the arrow that also freezes its not modifiable anymore. I surfed the internet and came to know that it is possible with Macros ... Do any body knows the solution ??

Please see the attached image for clear understanding

...Unbenannt.PNG

4 REPLIES

Re: How to create Macros in NX drafting ??

Legend
Legend

Hi, not sure what you mean by arrow freezing when placing your Symbol, can you please explain.

edge.jpg

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear Joe,

Thank you for replying ,

Sorry for my bad explanation , i will try again ..

So I want to make a edge break symbol where i can also able to modify the values, in a custom symbol library, I wanted to use this symbol for all my further drawings ..

but when i am using define custom symbol to make such  symbol my symbol got freeze i am not able to modify the values nor able change the position of arrow for terminating objects. I am not sure whether i am doing it right or not ?Please let me know if you have any other solution.

Thanks in advance !!

Legend
Legend

All I can assume is that you are not creating the Symbol in the coprrect manner, the help documents will talk you through the steps of assigning the editable text and a leader. Yoy have to draw the symbol with text before you create / define the symbol.

symbol.jpg

Legend
Legend

Leader Attachment

Lets you add a left and a right leader connection to the new symbol. The default leader connection point is the anchor point. You can select the leader from the Attachment list and use Specify Point to redefine the leader attachment point.

Text Attributes

Available when any component of the custom symbol is a text object. Click any note in the List to create a title for the note and to change the text type.

The following text type options are available:

• Mandatory – Does not allow you to change the supplied text when a new instance of the symbol is created.

• Arbitrary – Lets you specify one or more lines of text when creating a symbol instance.

• Controlled – Consists of one or more text choices that you supply by clicking Annotation Editor and typing choices allowed in the Text dialog box. Each text choice must be placed on a separate line in the Text Input list box of the Text dialog box.

• Partially Controlled – Allows you to edit the text in the text box or use the Text dialog box to type a different value instead of choosing one of the predefined choices.

• Integer – Allows you to enter a positive or negative whole number or zero (for example, -12, 0, 12).

• Real – Allows you to enter a positive or negative number with a decimal point (for example, -12.895, 0.7071, 36.48).

• Rule – Allows you to specify a Knowledge Fusion rule from a list of available rules to drive the note content. The rule is evaluated only when an instance of the symbol is created. The rule can not be edited in the instance of the symbol.