Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to create a gallery on the ribbon bar?

Genius
Genius

Hi,

I want to create a gallery with most used icons on my Ribbon bar.  For example to with the photo below, how could I create CAD Design gallery for this icons? and have all this icons on a gallery. Maybe I must customize the .TBR file?

CREATE RIBBON BAR GALLERY.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to create a gallery on the ribbon bar?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Open the 'Customize' dialog, select the 'Commands' tab, and in the 'Categories' list, select 'New Item'.  Now from the 'Commands' list, drag the 'New Gallery' item to which ever Ribbon tab that you want it.  Once it's placed, while still in 'Customize' simple find and drag your desired icons into the new 'Gallery' item.  Once you're done, save your 'Role' and you'll be good to go.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Re: How to create a gallery on the ribbon bar?

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

It is possible to use a file based approach.  And it is possible to use a tbr file so that the "toolbar" can be used in Legacy(Classic) mode or Ribbon mode.

To get the small icons wihtout text the tbr file will need an additinal line after each BUTTON line containing the following:

RIBBON_STYLE SMALL_IMAGE

The tbr file will simply ignore the ribbon directives if NX is running using Legacy UI.

To control the suggested presentation of the "group" (from tbr file) the following two lines can be added (once) after the VERSION direction and before the first BUTTON directive:

COLUMN_IN_RIBBON 4
COLUMN_IN_POPUP 4

This allows one tbr file to be used for both user interface modes and to easily deploy the "toolbar/ribbon group" from a centralized shared location.

Example TBR file:

TITLE Toolbar Title
VERSION 170

COLUMN_IN_RIBBON 4
COLUMN_IN_POPUP 4

BUTTON UG_MODELING_HOLE_FEATURE
RIBBON_STYLE SMALL_IMAGE
BUTTON UG_ASSY_SEL_BASE_COMPONENT
RIBBON_STYLE SMALL_IMAGE
BUTTON UG_MODELING_CYLINDER_FEATURE
RIBBON_STYLE SMALL_IMAGE
BUTTON UG_MODELING_CHAMFER_FEATURE