Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a view break (no break-out section) in a isometric view.

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

How can I create views (view break) in isometric view. If I have lucky, I will be able to create the first view break, but the 2nd one in the same view is not possible, it must be parallel or perpendicular to the first one and this is not the case. I have a very large tube bent in three space directions and I need to break it to fit in a view.

Regards

Frank.

4 REPLIES

Re: How to create a view break (no break-out section) in a isometric view.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

According to the post below it is not possible. Only parallel or perpendicular in view:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Forum/NX-10-View-Break/m-p/372031/highligh...

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Thanks for your appointment. In fact I think it's not possible to do a view-break into a isometric view decently.

Regards

Frank.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

In one direction with correct vector it goes quite well...but the other ,perpendicular one, is killing it I guess  Smiley Happy

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

The ability to define the direction for subsequent view breaks has already been requested in enhancement request ER# 1952145: "Define direction for secondary view break in the same view".

Please consider contacting your local GTAC office and request that they add you to the ER.

Regards, Ben