Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create company drawing template in NX 8.5 drafting and make it default

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi

I am using NX8.5

How do I, create NX templates with my company logo etc.

How then I can make it default in NX?

My idea is, after I model the geometry, when I go to drafting, the views should come in my company's drg template

8 REPLIES

Re: How to create company drawing template in NX 8.5 drafting and make it default

Experimenter
Experimenter

I just Googled your question and found this one.
I made in 7.5 this tricks, upgraded to 8.5 and 9.0 by modifying same files.

Re: How to create company drawing template in NX 8.5 drafting and make it default

Experimenter
Experimenter
Dear Hantte

Have you missed any attachments? i am not able to view the steps. pls post the details once again..

Thanks in advance

Experimenter
Experimenter

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi 

I created the drawing template in NX. But I dont have rights to save the file in C: as well as update the pax file. How do I explicitly give the file location in the template file.

Again, how do I populate my custom template?

Pls help.

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

You need to have administrator permision on machine. Smiley Happy

This works for any type of template.  It is necessary to edit the correct paxfile.  For Native NX, do NOT edit any of the pax files that start with"nxdm_".  These files are specific to NX Manager. After creating the template file and placing it in the /ugii/templates folder,edit the ugs_drawing_templates.pax file in a text editor.  Notice thePaletteEntry sections. Copy the last section down below (see sample):  <PaletteEntry id="d26">    <References/>    <Presentation name="B - Views" description="NX Example, 4 Views, 2 Sheets">        <PreviewImage type="UGPart" location="drawing_views_template.jpg"/>    </Presentation>    <ObjectData class="DrawingTemplate">        <TemplateFileType>none</TemplateFileType>        <Filename>B-views-template.prt</Filename>        <Units>English</Units>        <UsesMasterModel>Yes</UsesMasterModel>    </ObjectData>  </PaletteEntry> and edit as follows. <PaletteEntry id="d26"> Change the "d" number to a unique number (one not already used in the file). For this example, change it to "d27. <Presentation name="B - Views" description="NX Example, 4 Views, 2 Sheets"> Change to desired ouput. <PreviewImage type="UGPart" location="drawing_views_template.jpg"/> Change "location: to point to a preview image.       To create the image, use File--> Export --> select image type to export such as jpg, etc.  BMP is notsupported. You can also specify the template part file and the embedded imagewill be extracted.  The file types .prt, .fem, .sim, .bkm, & .plmxml aresupported. <Filename>B-views-template.prt</Filename> Change to the correct file name. <Units>English</Units> Change to Metric if needed. Remember to back up any new/modified files as they could be overwritten wheninstalling upgrades.

Sandip

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
We've been making a series of videos on drafting templates for our Vimeo site: Series is ongoing and not completed as yet, but it covers some topics that may be of interest: 1. Intro to Templates: http://vimeo.com/100179682 2. Borders: http://vimeo.com/100179685 3. Attributes: http://vimeo.com/100179684 4. Titleblocks: http://vimeo.com/101692825
Anthony Galante, Senior Support Engineer
PhoenxPLM
24 versions of NX installed: NX4 to NX12, plus TC11.2

Experimenter
Experimenter

Attachment may be useful to findout all the sample templates for customization in NX90Custom folder. and then customize it for your internal use.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I tried to customize my drawing templates using the instructions given in the file(downloaded online, i am not the owner of that document) It is useful to edit the existing templates for NX CAD