Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create custom "Automation Drawing" template

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi everybody

I`m wondering, if is possible create my own "Automation Drawing" template, something similar as Electrode Drawing, but for common component, not only for Electrode components.

My idea is to have template with predefined views, maybe some dimensions and notes. When I use this template for selected component, all views will be generated automatically with dimensions, notes and title block.

3 REPLIES

Re: How to create custom "Automation Drawing" template

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There are advanced drawing template tools that help you create templates with the automated features you mention. Please take a look at this topic in the Drafting Help for a summary of these tools, and for more information about each tool:

Advanced drawing template tools

Pioneer
Pioneer

Many thanks. That looks great, I will try it. I see, there are "Automation Rules", for which I need to know something about Knowledge Fusion. Can anyone point me in the right direction, where can I start to learn? Maybe some tutorials, or user`s guide.

Thank you

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Martin,

You can use the help documentation in the beginning https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11/nx_api/#uid:index . In case of any doubt you can take help of this or the NX Customization and programming community .

Best Regards

Kapil