Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to customize ribbon bar without 'text below icon' ?

Legend
Legend

I am not able to find option to switch off 'text below icon' option. where do I find it ?

Regards,

Mak

7 REPLIES

Re: How to customize ribbon bar without 'text below icon' ?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

What version of NX?

Legend
Legend

Hi cowski1,

Its Nx 9.0.3.4 and need option while using ribbon tool bar and not the classic tool bar.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I assume that you're talking about the text below 'Large Icons', correct?

That's not possible using NX 9.0, however this was one of our first enhancements that we made when we did our 'Polish the Ribbon' project for NX 10.0 where we tried to respond to as many of the issues with the new UI as we could based on the feedback that we got from the beta testers, the early adopters and other feedback resulting from the initial use of the new Ribbon interface. We also added two additional Icon sizes, a medium and an extra large (which only comes without text).  This will allow people even more flexibility when customizing the Ribbon since you can now stack three Small icons, two Medium icons or one Large or Extra Large icon in your Ribbon, as shown below:

Ribbon Icon Sizes-1.PNG

Of course if I had removed all the text you could have an even more compact Ribbon, as shown here:

Ribbon Icon Sizes-2.PNG

Anyway, the NX 10.0 Ribbon Icon options are much more complete and provides you almost unlimited flexibility in deciding how to layout your icons and whether you wish to have included text or not.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi John,

I didn't find the option which removes text from buttons in NX 11. Was it removed?

Another problem is that a button which can be hidden by means of a men file is still shown on a ribbon bar.

As far as I understand, using EDIT keyword in rtb files is not allowed.

For example, I have a custom menu/ribbon bar for TC-managed NX environment, and I want to remove from it some buttons so they will not appear in NX native. Can I do this without duplicating all the files?

Siemens Phenom

Someone else will have to respond to this since I no longer have access to copies of NX.

EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Pioneer
Pioneer
Frankly John, this seems like an outright crime to me. You've been an invaluable resource to this brotherhood for as far back as I can remember, back in the Dark Ages of CAD, and I've used it enough to fart UGFM dust. Still have some of the original floppies it came on even. The fact that you're still contributing value in retirement is commendable and a testament to your commitment to these tools you helped birth. The shot callers at Siemens must really be lunkheads not to provide access to NX to an individual that has served as its curator and caregiver for what must be close to 40 years now. If you don't mind the question, what reason did Siemens give you for this obvious blunder?
Daryl Pierman
Chief CAD Designer
Rocket Shop
Aerojet Rocketdyne

Siemens Phenom

To be honest, I never asked for a copy but also, none was offered.  Besides, there are no Windows-based computers in our home (Mac OS forever).

That being said, I DID retire after a nearly 50 year career in engineering, so it was time.  And then I started to have heart problems 7 months later, so I would have probably had to retire anyway.  BTW, the problem has been repaired (new heart valve) but I'm still going to cardio-rehab three days a week).

As for my posting here, I'll continue to watch the forums and will contribute when I can or at least as long as my recollection and/or relevance holds out Smiley Very Happy

EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA