cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do this in NX?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I want to make a video about assembly simulation, I use assembly senquence to make this, but I want to see the bolt have both translate movement and rotate movement in 1 motion (like this in movie2). Can you tell me how to do that? You can see two video and two part in attach file!

7 REPLIES

Re: How to do this in NX?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
You can't simultaneously rotate and translate using assembly sequencing (ER 2044780). It is possible using animation by including the FrameNumber expression in the positioning constraint expressions, but I doubt that the animation tool is suitable for your application.

Ben

Siemens Phenom

Here's an example using the Animation tool and your parts:

(view in My Videos)

Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer
@BenBroad: Can you make a video for me?

Siemens Phenom
It's in the zip file I posted above. There's an assembly file of your parts with the expression, the positioning constraints using the expression and an mpg file captured from the animation.

Regards, Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer
@BenBroad: Thanks for your help, I am a newbie, How to show the animation?

Siemens Phenom

Menu > View > Visualization > Create Animation > Preview Animation

I did not save everything previously.  I've attached a new copy of the assembly file.

Ben

Phenom
Phenom

If you are looking for assembly instructions using 3D and animation you will need to use other tools. Look at Cortana3D or QuadriSpace 3D. These tools are designed specifically for what we call 3D IETMs (ineractive electronic technical manuals). You can quickly build your entire assembly/disassembly instructions and output to many different formats.