Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to draw environmental zones/areas for an Assembly

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am working as an Intern in a company and I have a STEP and a JT file of entire assembly of a airliner. 

My first task is to import this file into NX (which is easy). I need to have a big cube inside which this assembly sits. This cube is divided into different small cubes of same size (For example, 5x5x5m). Each cube is used to define an environmental area such as exposure to fuel, high temperature zone, etc. These cubes can be represented in different colours. 

My question is, how do I design these cubes and use it to represent different environmental areas of the airliner? I also need to make sure the airliner is aligned in the cube first.

PS- The picture shows what I mean by environmental zones. 

4 REPLIES

Re: How to draw environmental zones/areas for an Assembly

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Take a look at the assemblies Zones and component groups functionality.

Assembly Zone help

Steve V

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you very much for your quick response.

I am able to use the zones by defining the size of the cubes based on the volume of the entire assembly. When I edit, I can only edit the dimensions of the cubes but Can I also change the appearance of these cubes?

Also, I know I can group the components based on these zones. Is there a way to list out all the components in each zone (cube)?

Thank you again.

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

By "appearance" I assume you mean color - no, it's not configurable.

List of components in a component group:  

• MB3 on the Component Group --> Components --> Properties
  • Change the "Interaction Method" to "Bulk Edit"
  • The compents will be listed

TimK

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Tim,

Thank you for the help. I can get the list of components but is there a way to get the coordinates of these parts in WCS?