Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit points in Hole feature?

Phenom
Phenom

Up to now I had been using Hole command using Sketch points. Now I’m exploring how to use Position=Points in conjunction with Point Dialogue.

mf_point_edit_20161020.PNG

mf_point_edit_20161020_2.PNG

I could create points but how could I move the point positions at a later time?  Is it possible only to delete and recreate?    

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

8 REPLIES 8

Re: How to edit points in Hole feature?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure you can shift-deselect, and pick a new point and/or points.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

But I don't want to de-select(=delete and recreate) because in the drawing that hole could be attached with a hole callout.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Mike,

To me also it looks like we can only deselect the initial point and create a new one. (if using the point constructor for creating point within the hole dialog).

But try looking into expressions (for some options we get expression for the hole co-ordinate values) and can edit the values from there. 

1h.jpg

2_h.jpg

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello Michael,

in case you create point as separately feature "Point" (it is not point inside Hole feature - e.g. point on face), the point must be in Part Navigator. If this point is not in Part Navigator I suppose you dont have set Associative in point dialog.

Marek S.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Mike,

Here is a short video of what i was trying to convey. I am not sure if it is useful for you or not but still..

Best Regards

Kapil

(view in My Videos)

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks Kapil for your efforts. I tested them yesterday and I’m sure you will agree that method involves too many click for a simple task.

Unfortunately Sketches with parametric behaviour is not quite popular with many NX users. They create models fast with like these Point dialogue methods, Dumb curves (Which isn’t taught anymore in NX classes) but to change or revise them is cumbersome.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

It sounds like your coworkers like to use "dumb" geometry; you (or they) can create unassociative points where the holes will be, then use these points as the references in the hole command. The points can be moved later and the hole feature will follow.

Phenom
Phenom

Cowski1, I was exploring point creation capability inside the Hole Command. To me, it's not very user friendly.

The method you describe is the way that most of our other designers use. Whenever they use sketches, they draw circles first and when creating Holes, pick centre points of those circles. I don’t know why they don’t directly use the sketch points capability inside the Hole command.      

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW