Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export quality Images in Simulation Navigator and Post Processing Navigator

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Community,

i was wondering how do you extract quality images of your simulation results n Simulation Navigator and Post Processing Navigator. Just the output of the window would be fair enough.

1. with the standard Export > tif, png... funktion i get just a very small picture.

2. With the Advanced Studio funktion i only get a Wireframe where i cant hide the hidden lines - but to some extend images of higher quality can be exported.

3. I tried the somewhat oldschool High Quality Image export which is simmilar to Ray Traced Studio but as i dont have a geometry i only get a blank background in the rendering process.

I would like to have HQ images like 1080p ones to include them in presentations. please let me know if i should provide examples.

Is NX11 capable of creating such images? If so could someone please explain how to get to them?

regards

4 REPLIES

Re: How to export quality Images in Simulation Navigator and Post Processing Navigator

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
-> https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Forum/PDF-Export-issues-with-regular-parts...

this was my discussion about the PDF export option but exporting "what is currently displayed" is not supported.
Exporting wireframe models with this works like a breeze.

Re: How to export quality Images in Simulation Navigator and Post Processing Navigator

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @symbolinsight,

I asked around the office and the best solution appears to be to export an image from Vis Mockup.

You can export a JT from Post View, send it to Vis Mockup and from there you can export an image, which has the option to define the resolution (dpi) upto a maximum of 1440.

Screenshot - 4_23_2018 , 2_34_33 PM.png

Hope that helps.

Regards, Ben

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Wow,

this looks great, thanks for the reply!

But i assume that VIS Mockup is part of the somewhat standalone Teamcenter Software ?

I only have access to Siemens NX 11 PLM.

Where can i get the Software VIS Mockup?

regards

Creator
Creator

Hi BenBroad,

Thank you for this usefule inforamtion. I have the same issue and cannot set the export resolution for the Simcenter images (which is really surprising and annoying at the same time), and used your tip and installed JT. However, my inforamtion is limited in JT and cannot find any "export" option to get to the dialouge box you showed a snapshot of in your post. Could you please walk us through the tabs/steps in the JT tool with more details to export the high aquliaty images. 

Thanks again,

Iman