Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fully evaluate a sketch to see whether it is closed or open, look for tiny gaps, etc?

Pioneer
Pioneer

How can I fully evaluate a sketch to see whether it is a closed or open profile, where there are tiny intersections or gaps or overlaps  that are hard to visually see, and how to identify reference lines?

And how do you create a reference line that is infinite? I should only have to define the location and orientation of the reference line, I shouldn't have to contrain it's length to fully contrain the sketch. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to fully evaluate a sketch to see whether it is closed or open, look for tiny gaps, etc?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Baratheon 

How can I fully evaluate a sketch to see whether it is a closed or open profile, where there are tiny intersections or gaps or overlaps  that are hard to visually see, and how to identify reference lines?

You can use "Curve Continuity" within or outside sketcher environment to detect gaps.

And how do you create a reference line that is infinite? I should only have to define the location and orientation of the reference line, I shouldn't have to contrain it's length to fully contrain the sketch. 

There is no way to create infinite reference line but a datum axis will be certainly useful.

Re: How to fully evaluate a sketch to see whether it is closed or open, look for tiny gaps, etc?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Baratheon ,

This post should be helpful to you: Sketch analyser

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!