Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get back the transform feature

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear all,

is there any solutions to retrieve all features from the original TRANSFOM feature ?

The MOVE OBJECT is so sophistificated in NX10, that it takes twice more time to move an object than before.

Or is there any solutions to set up the MOVE OBJECT feature to be more basic like the TRANSFOM feature was ?

Thanks ahead

5 REPLIES

Re: How to get back the transform feature

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

I might be wrong but i guess you can still use TRANSFORM (Menu-Edit-Transform)...perhaps you might have been using CTRL+T for invoking the dialog (which by default is attached to MOVE OBJECT now).

Regards

Kapil

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

As @kapilsharma mentioned, 'Transform' command is available in NX.

From NX 6, some commands(options) were moved from 'Transform' to 'Move Object' command. Old 'Transform' command had additional options Translate,Rotate about a line,Reposition as compared to the present transform command.

From Documentation

https://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/docs/nx/nx6/wn/whatsnew6/index.html

move object.PNG

Are you looking for the 'Translate' option of 'Transform' command? 

You can have access to the old 'Transform' command options. Define system environment variable 'UGII_ENABLE_TRANSFORM_LEGACY_OPTIONS' with value 1. You will get all those options.

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Ganesh

Experimenter
Experimenter
Wonderfull, it works !
Ganesh you are my king.
Thanks to you and to the team at Pune (I guess)
Bert

Legend
Legend

I prefer this method as well as it gives you the options of what layers you want to put the transformed entities on.

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 11.0.2.7 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2018 r2
Testing:NX12.0.1.
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

Experimenter
Experimenter

Agree.

And there are still few things that can not even be done with the move object feature, that you can do with the transform feature.

Like mirror and scale.

The move object is not available by working in the drafting application, but transform is available,

etc...