Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get geometric info on a body?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello, I'm testing various methods to achieve the cleanest possible import of a STEP file. Some of that involves creating Heal Geometry parts of various tiny tolerance values. Now, having created these parts I would like to inspect them to determine what the differences are between them (apart from file size).

Is there a way within NX (or journal) to inquire detailed geometric data of a sheet body/solid body? For instance, number of faces, bspline surfaces, conical surfaces, cylindrical surfaces, planes, spherical surfaces, toroidal surfaces etc. Having this information will help determine the quality of the resulting bodies and the sucess of each import method. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to get geometric info on a body?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @JRW,

Check using optimize face report.

Optimize_Face.jpg

Pioneer
Pioneer

The body I'm working with contains thousands of faces. After running Optimize Face for 15 minutes and it still hadn't finished, I gave up. Besides, I presume the Optimize Face report will only show AFTER the the body has been optimized, which makes it pointless when I just want to inquire, not actually perform Optimize Face.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

The information -> object command will provide detailed info on a selected object. This might work OK for a small number of faces, but it does not give any sort of summary info when multiple objects are selected. The model compare tool might work well for your particular use case. It will allow you to select 2 bodies and will report the differences between them.